1.05.2009

Pictures corresponding with "Musical Autobiography"

Slovakia
(Kibbutz Mizra, Israel)
Japan
(Kibbutz Mizra, Israel)
Spain, Korea, Colombia
(Kibbutz Mizra, Israel)

Nigeria

(Kibbutz Mizra, Israel)

Tanzania
(Kibbutz Mizra, Israel)

Here I am bellydancing for a Moroccan inspired dinner (Spartanburg, SC)














In the Sahara Desert playing music with the Bedouins

The traditional "Fes-y" robe and head-dress meant for the Bride to wear. The Bride actually keeps changing robes and then, at the very end, changes into a Western white wedding gown. In Fes this green and gold robe ad head-dress is traditional and all of the women literally lift the Bride while the men lift and sway with the Groom. The Groom then stands up on top of his platform and leans over to kiss the Bride on
her forehead and everyone claps.
A traditional performance for the Bride and Groom











Dancing at the wedding in Morocco

2 comments:

  1. My first thought: I'd love to hear the piece World Beat Music (what an awesome idea). Beyond that, thanks for sharing these images of various cultures. I can imagine you have learned a great deal from your experiences abroad. I hope you are able to continue with your travels, as it appears to be a passion of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures!!! Do you have any CDs from the places you traveled? I would love to hear them and see where and how they were recorded based off the info on the case. I am really into the recording process and I'd love to know if they record the same way we do.

    ReplyDelete